Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, December 08, 2007

It's Picture Saturday!

Another dreary day here - we're supposed to get another winter storm today/tonight, so it sounds like a good day to sit by the fire and weave/spin/knit. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a fireplace. So I'll just turn the heater up and brew up some tasty tea (I think I'll try the Adagio Rooibos Vanilla today).


I do have some weaving content for you. Though I haven't worked on this for the past couple of weeks, I don't think I've loaded a picture for awhile. Here I'm on the second dishcloth on the Flip:


And here is the woven bag I mentioned last time:

Without a heddle it's a pain to weave, and as you can tell by the small amount done, I'm not enjoying this project. I tried making a heddle out of my popsicle sticks last weekend, but they kept breaking. I did come up with something, but it's probably not going to speed up the process any. This is definitely not a 'fun' loom.


What I really should be working on:

The Brown Sheep blend on the Pedal Pusher. At this rate I'll have it spun up by summer, so my first sweater won't be knitted until 2010. Sigh.


What I want to be working on:


The merino/tencel blend on the Polonaise - it's beautiful roving and spins easily.


What I also should be working on:


The herringbone scarf. I am making progress though! And the coat I bought this week will actually match this, so perhaps I'll be more motivated to knit more (I'm still more in a spinning mood). I ran across a hat pattern that I really want to knit, and I also have a hankering to knit socks - which I haven't done before - but I will not allow myself to start a new knitting project until I finish this scarf.


How about a puppy pic?


Or an indoor nature pic? :-)


I love my Christmas cacti - I wish they bloomed year-round!

I think today I'm going to do a Rotating-Craft-Saturday. I need to work on the scarf and the Brown Sheep, and I'll throw in the merino as a reward. :-)

But first I'm going to start with brewing some hot tea!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Wow! You sure have a lot going on! Your weaving, spinning and knitting looks great!

    I love Christmas cactus too. Do you get it to bloom more than once a year? I can get mine to bloom a few times, but certainly not year round. I have a few impatience potted up for that! ;-)

    I hope you enjoyed your tea.
    C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/10/2007 3:50 PM  

  • LOL I have lot in-process, but I don't get much accomplished!

    My Christmas cacti only blooms once a year. I haven't tried to get them to bloom more often, though I think once or twice one of the plants had a second blooming after the first - but it consisted of just a few flowers, not the whole plant. My plants need to be hardy enough to live with benign neglect, so the fact that these bloom at all is surprising to me!

    The tea was outstanding. :-) I generally prefer rooibos over the black and green teas I've tried - unfortunately it doesn't have caffeine!

    By Blogger CL, at 12/11/2007 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home