Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Manic Sunday...

The hubby's out gallivanting around today, and he wasn't around much yesterday either, so I have had most of the weekend to weave. And what did I do? Yes, I did work on the shirt:


Look at all that fabric on the cloth beam!! :-D And it struck me yesterday that I have been obsessing about the fell line being straight - checking it every pick, which was really slowing me down. Now I check about every inch, and the weaving is going faster.


And I finally started weaving the rug:


But I had hoped to do an hour of weaving and then a half-hour of something else and then back to weaving - that plan went out the window as soon as I got out of bed yesterday. :-( Oh well, I can see I'm getting close to the end of the weaving part on the shirt, and I like how the rug looks so far.


Granted it's only a couple of inches, but look how well that cotton beats in - and that's with just the shuttle edge! It's a shame that they don't make this yarn any more - it's Maysville rug filler. The rug is going to be striped and is a pattern out of the original owner's manual that came with the loom. DH is making rag shuttles for me, but I decided I needed to get started on this as it needs to be about half-finished by early April. I never did get a decent warp on the rug loom - the upper shed is a bit too tight and the lower threads are too loose on the heddle maneuvering, but the weaving seems to be going ok (I think I put the heddle on backwards too - it keeps popping off the heddle block! LOL).

I also need to put a short narrow project on the cradle loom for a demo - I have no idea what I'm going to do for that. And I need to get back to the Flip samples - if I had enough vacation time I'd take a week off of work and get some of this stuff done - but then again what I plan to do and what actually gets done are often two different things. :-( I did get some housework done yesterday though!

Now, should I go back to weaving on the rug, or should I work on the shirt? Hmm... I think I'll have a fudgsicle. :-D And then do the rest of the first brown section on the rug - 6.5 inches total, so I only have about 4 inches to go - that should be done in no time. Then back to the shirt!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Beautiful, Cindy! :-) WOW! You've made a lot of progress! :-) I'm looking forward to seeing more! :-)

    TTYL,
    Denyse

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2009 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home